At Hallsley, swimming at our pool is one of the most enjoyable activities during the summer. It enhances our health and provides a chance to interact with neighbors and family members.
Even though we do have lifeguards on duty, there are some basic rules that should be considered for your safety and others around you. Please keep in mind the following rules while you’re enjoying the water and sun:
- Always wear sunscreen to avoid getting burned.
- Supervise children in and around the pool with your undivided attention.
- Never swim alone.
- Do not bring glass bottles or containers into the pool area.
- Educate your children on how to float or swim as soon as possible.
- Know where rescue devices and first aid supplies are located.
- Know your swimming limits and stay within them. Get out of the water immediately if you are too tired, too cold, or have had too much sun.
- Parents and anyone supervising children should know cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and basic first aid.
Whether you are at the Hallsley pool, or another one, the safety tips above will provide you with greater knowledge and confidence to have fun and be safe!